Yeah yeah yeah, so maybe I skipped the last 4-5 months of favorites posts. See, I'll be honest with you. I have always had some MAJOR trouble with consistency. I'm working on it, though, I promise.
So, November was sort of a lazy month for me. I don't deal well with this time of year. As soon as the temps drop below 50 degrees, I go into a deep, dark place and stay there for a while. This "dark place" doesn't require me to do much with myself, as all I want to do is lay on the couch, eat Cheez-Its, and catch up on Revenge and Breaking Bad. However, when I am forced out of my rabbit hole of seasonal depression by some necessity, these products have been my saviors.
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish- This little spray can of love is a dream for making flat hair nice and voluptuous. A few little spritzes at the root and a bit of fluffing gives me all the volume that my dirty, rat like hair needs to be able to go out for my daily coffee. Cause we all know no matter how cold it is outside, nothing can stop mamma from a nice Starbucks macchiato. You can read a more in depth review of this here.
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Dolce Vita- This lip pencil gives the lips a really pretty dusty rose, almost brick red color. It's quite a bit different than my usual lip color choices but I have really been enjoying it. It isn't very bright or dramatic, but it perks up my face and the color lasts quite a while. You can see this in action in this post.
- Butter London Bit Faker- I am "favoriting" this nail polish based on color alone. The color is all kinds of gorgeous sparkly fun. Flecked with gold, bronze, and black sparkles, this one will be great for Christmas/New Years festivities! The formula, however, is absolute shit. I mean, for $14, I expect a nail polish to last longer than a day before it starts to chip! But, knowing that Butter London is the master of all chips, I bought this anyway. I have always been distracted by pretty, shiny things. The good thing about this formula is that unlike most glitters, it was completely opaque in two coats. Two coats! Unheard of! If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw me sporting this a few days ago.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer- I was never too big on concealer. Then, I started getting old any apparently the area around my eyes turned all sorts of colors. Purple, red, just dark in general. I decided it was time to invest in a good concealer. After some research, I decided on the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain. This really is creamy, and doesn't make my eyes look all cakey and crusty. It glides on smooth and covers the rainbow of colors around my eyes like a dream! My eyes look brighter and way less tired after dabbing this on and blending with my finger. The color match is great for my corpsey skin, too! This also covers blemishes pretty well. And it doesn't look all dry and cakey on those, either. I would definitely try this if you have dry skin that needs covering!
- Sacha Juan Hair Repair- my dry, frizzy hair loves a good mask and ever since I started using this subtly floral scented cream, it's condition has improved quite a bit! I use this a couple times a week for maybe ten minutes and when I rinse it out, my hair feels really smooth and smells wonderful. My hair seems much shinier and healthier and I have been heat styling it more than ever. It also doesn't hurt that the packaging looks really nice in my shower :)
- Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream- I read so many rave reviews about the Sugar Crush line for so long, specifically the body scrub. But once I finally saw the line at Sephora, I already had a good body scrub, so I figured I would try the buttercream. The most notable thing about this is the scent. My god. The scent! I wasn't sure if I would be into the sweet lime thing, but omg I love it! It smells like an effing margarita with a sugar rim. Maybe. I dunno, I don't drink margaritas. It smells good, ok? Not only that, but it makes my skin feel like baby butt cheeks. Like, seriously. It's smooth. I have always loved the Soap and Glory packaging, and this stuff is just such a treat to slather on after a bath!
Are there any great products I'm missing? What are you guys loving these days? Come on, let's chat about some girly stuff!